Frequently Asked Questions

Your most common auto insurance and homeowner’s insurance questions answered!

What are bodily injury/liability limits?
If you cause a car accident that injures another person, bodily injury liability coverage helps pay for their medical expenses and lost income as a result of their injuries.
What is comprehensive coverage?
Comprehensive coverage is a coverage that helps pay to replace or repair your vehicle if it’s stolen or damaged in an incident that’s not a collision.
What is collision coverage?
Collision coverage repairs or replaces your vehicle due to damages caused in a collision accident.
What is a deductible on car insurance?
A deductible is the amount you are responsible for paying when making a claim. Most common deductibles are $500 or $1000.
My windshield is cracked, is it free to replace?
If you live in Kentucky and carry comprehensive coverage on your car insurance, it is free to replace your windshield.
Can I get a free rental car if my car is in the shop?
If you carry collision coverage on your car insurance policy you can elect to also carry Loss of Use coverage. This coverage will provide a limit that you can be reimbursed for your rental car for if your car is in the shop, etc.
What should I do if I get into an accident?
If you are in an accident you should: 1. Call the police and file a report. 2. DO NOT admit fault. 3. Take photos of the damages and get any witnesses information. 4. Exchange insurance information with the other party. 5. Contact your agent to go over the next steps!
Can I get roadside assistance?
Almost all carriers offer roadside assistance very cheap on car insurance policies. Ask your agent to add it to your current policy!
Who all should be listed on my car insurance policy?
Everyone of legal driving age in your household should be on the same policy.
Can my friend drive my car?
Anyone you give permission to drive your car is covered.
What is Replacement Cost?
Replacement cost is a term in Homeowner’s Insurance that represents the calculated cost to rebuild your home in a total loss situation.
How is my Replacement Cost calculated?
Each carrier has their own Replacement cost calculator. Your agent will input the specs of your home and the calculator determines the figure and takes property values into consideration as well.
Why do I have multiple deductibles?
Standard Homeowner’s Insurance policies have deductibles for two types of losses: All Peril (Fire/Standard) and Wind/Hail losses. Usually your agent will make it a flat deductible but the Wind/Hail can be different depending on carrier regulations.
What is an Endorsement or Rider?
An Endorsement or Rider, is an additional coverage added to your policy to better protect your home.
What is covered on my Homeowner's Insurance?
Basic Homeowner’s Insurance Policies give coverage for the listed or named perils. If you do not see it on your policy it most likely is not covered. If you want something covered, ask your agent to review the policy and add the coverage if needed
Can I switch my Homeowner's Insurance if it is escrowed?
YES! Homeowner’s Insurance can be switched very easily. Your agent will take care of this for you.
State Farm dropped my coverage, can you help?
If you are being dropped by a carrier I can and will help. I have multiple carriers who can provide coverage.
Will my Homeowner's Insurance cover losses due to flooding?
No, you will need Flood Insurance which is a separate policy. I can provide Flood Insurance if necessary or requested.

Get your Auto Insurance and Home Insurance Quotes today!

Talk with Tyler!

If you send in your name, phone number and email address, Tyler will schedule a time to discuss how he can help you with your auto insurance, home insurance and life insurance needs! Tyler will provide you the best options possible as an Agent of Newman & Tucker Insurance.